Pull back the curtain on the children’s imagination stage as they join Brielle celebrating her seventh birthday on the moon. A was-it-just-a-dream adventure packed with movement concepts and subtle life lessons.
“Another wonderful journey into the imagination with Ballerina Konora, perfect for young dancers everywhere!” ~Reedsy
Each book in the Dance-It-Out! series is an independent story, and this volume is an ideal introduction to the series for kids ages 4-7. A fantastic resource for early childhood, dance, or elementary teachers as well as parents or caregivers who want to share the joy of movement and fantasy fiction.
Ballerina Konora offers movement motivation and photos to express the story. Readers can simply enjoy the gorgeously illustrated story, act out the plot in their own way, or follow Konora’s suggested moves, designed by an award-winning dance instructor to develop body coordination, focus the breath, and learn dance fundamentals.
Relevé; Falling; Body Parts; Body Coordination; Jumping; Movement Patterns and Sequences; Monkey Jumps; Donkey Kicks; Gymnastics; Learn Cartwheels; Rolling; Yoga; Breath; Breath; Healthy Choices; Habits; Going to Bed; Brushing Teeth; Creating Shapes; Dancing; Improv Dance
Celebrating; Meeting New People; Making New Friends; New Experiences; Being Polite; Good Manners; Friendship; 7th Birthday; Seventh Birthday; Birthday Gift; Space Travel; Dance Party; Fantasy; Trying New Foods; Visiting Moon; Visiting Stars; Magic Ball; Flying; Puppy Dog
Dance-It-Out Series Concepts/Uses:
• Interactive; Kids Activity Book; Picture Book; Storytelling; Imagination; Bedtime Story; Dance-It-Out; Act-It-Out; Act-out; Pretending; Imagination; Juvenile Fiction; Kidlit; Children’s; Reader; Dance Book for Kids; Ballet Book; Active; Action; Yoga Story; Dance Foundation; Dance Fundamentals;
• Early Elementary; Preschool; Kindergarten; School-Aged; Early Childhood Education; Daycare; Physical Education; Home-school; Teacher Resource; Movement Activity; Lesson Planning; Dance Studio; Recital; Theater; Theatre Games; Summer Camp Warm-up; Story Time; Library Storytime
• Ballet for Girls; Ballet for Boys; Dance and Movement; Ballerina; Ballet; Dancer; Dance; Gift; How-to Photos; Aspiring Dancer; Young Dancer; Exercise; Exercise at Home; Fitness; Ballet Lesson; Body Awareness; Creative Movement; OnceUponABallet; Terrel; Gymnastics; Konora; Leotard; Strong Women; Role Model; Coronavirus; COVID-19; OnceUponADance;
About the Author
Brought to you by a mother-daughter team. Konora is a professional ballet dancer and her mother taught creative movement and ballet for decades. She was honored to be chosen and recognized by her local City Council (2014) for embodying the spirit of partnership and commitment to children in our community for her work with young dancers. She’s breathed dance from every angle: child to pre-professional to adult ballet student, zoom student, dance teacher, dance mom, competition mom, ballet-school parent-guilder, audience member, recital planner, business owner, and board member.
Once Upon a Dance’s first pandemic creation, Dancing Shapes, has won several awards:
• 2021 Independent Press Award WINNER
• 2021 15th Annual National Indie Excellence® Awards Finalist
• 2021 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Finalist