The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas
Prepare yourself for the sudden twists and turns of fatherhood with this personal account of a father-of-three who tells it like it is
What if I don’t know what to do when the baby cries?
Am I giving my partner the support she needs?
How expensive is raising babies?
There’s no denying that becoming a first-time father will be one of the biggest events in your life.
Pregnancy is a huge game-changer.
And it’s no surprise that for many expecting dads, it can be very daunting.
You might be wondering where to start, how you can help, and what to do when the baby comes.
Mothers always have the upper hand when it comes to preparing for a baby since there are tons of resources out there for mothers-to-be.
It can seem like expectant dads are just supposed to magically know what to do.
Whether you realize it or not, you will have a huge impact on your child’s life… right from the moment the pregnancy test reads ‘positive’.
The question is: How can you become a positive influence, overcome unexpected challenges, and be there for your partner and baby?
Babies don’t emerge from the womb with a how-to manual.
Luckily, a little advice from an experienced father will go a long way in surviving the transformation from man to father.
The First-Time Father is filled with honest guidance from a father who’s been there (three times!), made every mistake possible, and survived to tell the story.
Now you can step into fatherhood with as little stress as possible.
In The First-Time Father, you will discover:
- Carefully structured steps to navigate you during stages of pregnancy, labor and delivery, and coming home with your newborn
- Practical tools you need to prepare for fatherhood and guide you through the pregnancy journey and post-delivery
- Clear directions for raising a newborn and cultivating a healthy father-child relationship as your baby grows -- with age-appropriate games and discipline techniques
- A week-by-week outline of pregnancy phases so that you know what to do every step of the way
- The dos and crucial don’ts of pregnancy -- what to eat, how to behave, and when to go to the doctor
- No-nonsense advice about the baby items you actually need, diaper changing mastery, and night-time routines
- The essential instructions to prepare yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally for fatherhood
And much more.
It’s completely natural for new dads to have a ton of questions when it comes to pregnancy… and this interactive handbook takes the time to answer the questions no one else would.
No more confusion, stress, or worries.
Know exactly what your partner needs from you during and after the pregnancy, how to be part of the whole process, and be prepared for the unexpected.